As pastors, we might be tempted to think that the worst thing that could happen for our church is for people to talk poorly about us or dislike us. But I contend that there is something far worse than people not liking you. I believe the worst thing that your community can do is IGNORE you! Sadly, this is where many church find themselves today: overlooked and irrelevant to their communities.
In this podcast episode, I discuss some practical ways you and your church can refuse to be ignored by your community:
- Preach the gospel.
- Stand for God’s Word.
- Be active in reaching out to the community:
- Click HERE to see a video of the Easter Egg Drop I mentioned in the show.
- Meet needs in the community.
- Be visible in and available to the community.
- Have a strong online presence.
- Embrace excellence.
- Teach and model biblical generosity.
- Offer an excellent weekend worship experience.
- Take bold risks:
- Have a BIG vision!
- Try new things
- Shake things up a little bit. Click HERE to watch the promo video to the “Let’s Talk About Sex” series we did a few years ago. How’s that for shaking things up a little?
- Create a culture of loving community within your church.
- Embrace New Testament accountability.
- Have a strategy for branding and marketing.
- Show signs of LIFE!
What are some other practical suggestions you would add to this list? I’d love to hear from you!