Recently I heard this quote: “Authenticity is the key to longevity in ministry.”
I believe this is true.
In this episode, I unpack this thought a little further by making 7 declarative statements to pastors regarding walking in transparency and authenticity.
- I don’t have to have all the answers.
- I need to be able to admit when I’m wrong.
- Who I am on stage needs to be an accurate reflection of who I am off stage.
- It’s ok to share my own struggles and flaws.
- It’s ok to admit that I’m tired and need a break.
- I need to have some friends in my inner circle who truly know me and see my life up close.
- It’s good for my people to see and hear my dependence upon God.
Hey pastor, how are you doing in the area of authenticity? Are you an authentic leader?