Before we run headlong into 2013, I am inviting you to take just a few moments and celebrate all that God has done in and through The RESCUE Church in the last 12 months.
As I reflect on the past year, the following are just a few highlights that come to mind…
- We launched our first multi-site campus in Colman, SD. It has been exciting to watch this campus take root and grow and establish itself in the community of Colman. Way to go Colman team!
- We launched our internet campus (iCampus) that enables people from all over the world to join us for LIVE worship. In just a few months we have seen people log onto www.therescuechurch.tv from Denmark, South Africa, France, Germany, Italy, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Montana, Wyoming, California, Georgia, Alabama, Kansas, North Dakota, and more! Those are just the few I can remember at the moment!
- We sent our EMT’s out into the community. Our Extreme Ministry Team responds to physical needs within the community. In 2012 a few of the projects that our EMT’s accomplished included building a new deck for a family in Flandreau, replacing a roof for a family in Colman, painting the Bread Basket (our local food pantry), and helping a rural family clean out their grove of trees that had been heavily damaged in a storm.
- We reached out to our community. The following are just a few examples that come to mind at the moment: Easter Egg Drop in Flandreau and Colman, parades in Flandreau and Colman, VBS at our Colman Campus, Looney Days in Colman where we put on a free carnival for kids, provided live music, and served a free cookout to the community.
- We presented God’s truth with authority and conviction, yet in fresh and creative ways every single weekend. As I look back over our preaching calendar from 2012, I’m proud of our creative team that help pour into our weekend messages to make them as creative and memorable as possible.
There is so much more I could say about 2012, but instead of using words, I will just share the video below.
Praise God for all He has done in 2012! I can’t wait to see what He has in store for 2013!