We need you to pray for us!
Last night, The RESCUE Church sent out a team of people on a short-term missions trip to Jamaica. (We have 5 people in our current group and we have 2 more team members joining us in Montego Bay.)
Our team has several objectives we are hoping to accomplish on this trip:
- We will be establishing an office for our newest campus that launched in Deeside back in January.
- We will be helping that campus develop leaders and prepare facilities for the Grand Opening this coming Sunday, March 9th.
It is apparent that the enemy does not welcome our presence as we have encountered one setback after another…and we are only 12 hours into our trip!
I will spare you all the boring details, but a quick summary of the frustrations we’ve encountered so far include:
- A cancelled flight (originally they said we would be delayed an entire day).
- A shuttle from the hotel that we had arranged was all of a sudden too full for our group of 5.
- The taxi that the hotel called for us because of being bumped off the shuttle was too small for all of our luggage.
- A cancelled credit card (the one that our rental vehicle was reserved under).
The awesome news is that at every turn and setback, God has answered our prayers and provided a solution to the problem and we are still set to fly out this morning!
Jesus Christ has promised to build his church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it! (Matthew 16:18) But that doesn’t mean that the forces of darkness will simply roll over and give up the enemy’s ground without a fight.
But even in the face of very real spiritual opposition and warfare, God has provided his church with an awesome offensive weapon…the power of prayer!
So I’m asking you to please remember our Jamaica team this week and pray for God’s favor and hand of protection and provision over our entire church as we take a huge step forward in advancing God’s kingdom and the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
While I don’t know what this week holds in store for us, I do sense the enemy recognizes a threat and is mobilizing to oppose and stand in the way of whatever it is God is desiring to use us for.
I will do my best to keep you updated as the week progresses.