For the past few weeks, The RESCUE Church has been in a series called “First Comes Love” in which we’ve been focusing on the subjects of marriage and parenting. As this series comes to a conclusion, I wanted to offer a small list of a few excellent resources that I have personally read and recommended to many people over the years. While there are certainly many more great resources out there, if you’re looking to dig deeper into either marriage or parenting issues, then these are a few places to start:
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts – Gary Chapman
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs – Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- Boundaries in Marriage – Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
- Sacred Marriage: What if God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy – Gary Thomas
- The Language of Sex: Experiencing the Beauty of Sexual Intimacy – Dr. Gary Smalley & Ted Cunningham
- Sheet Music:Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage – Dr. Kevin Leman
- Bringing Up Boys – Dr. James Dobson
- Bringing Up Girls – Dr. James Dobson
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters: 10 Secrets Every Father Should Know – Meg Meeker M.D.
- The Strong-Willed Child – Dr. James Dobson
- Dare to Discipline – Dr. James Dobson
- Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations – Alex & Brett Harris (I highly recommend having your teenagers read this book!!!)
If you missed any of the messages from the “First Comes Love” series you can watch them by searching The RESCUE Church sermon archives HERE.