Today The RESCUE Church began a new series called Word Up in which I am challenged our people to get into God’s Word every day in 2013.
My prayer for our church is that we would be like the early Christians in Berea who, “…received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.” – Acts 17:11
In today’s message I shared ten benefits of being in the Word of God. I figured these are too good not to share with my readers here as well. Enjoy!
- The Word of God is inspired by God and it is His primary vehicle for equipping me to live how He wants me to live.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- God’s Word is the primary way God speaks His will into my life.
- Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
- The Word of God will help me grow in my knowledge of the truth.
- John 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
- Psalm 33:4 For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
- Being in the Word of God is one mark of a true follower of Jesus and it’s the key to freedom.
- John 8:31-32 Then Jesus said…“If you continue in my word, then you are my disciples indeed; And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.”
- The Word of God will help me grow in wisdom and understanding.
- Psalm 119:97-100, 104 Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes. I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts…I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.
- The Word of God is my primary source for spiritual nourishment.
- Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
- The Word of God will help me overcome temptation and protect me from sin.
- Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
- Matthew 4:1-11
- The Word of God is a powerful offensive weapon I can use in spiritual warfare.
- Ephesians 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.
- Being in the Word of God is the key to a successful life.
- Joshua 1:8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
- Being in the Word of God is the key to answered prayer.
- John 15:7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
I can’t encourage you enough to make daily Bible reading a healthy habit in your life in 2013. Word Up!