***I am writing this particular blog post with the intended audience being those readers who are members or faithful attenders of The RESCUE Church. If this doesn’t apply to you, feel free to keep on reading, but please don’t feel any pressure to participate.***
As we read through the Scripture accounts of the events surrounding the birth of Jesus Christ, we see much worship and celebration happening.
The Son of God…the Savior of mankind…Immanuel, had come to be with us!
As part of that worshipful celebration, we read of several kings who traveled a great distance to bring Jesus costly gifts of gold, incense, and myrrh (Matthew 2:1-11).
Joyful generosity is an authentic response of worship to the Lord Jesus Christ.
And while this generosity should naturally flow from Christ-followers all year long, it seems that Christmas is a time of year when our hearts are even more inclined to worship the Savior through giving.
If you’re looking for an opportunity this Christmas season to give generously to a great investment into God’s eternal kingdom…keep reading!
On Sunday, December 15th, The RESCUE Church will be receiving a special “Christmas Tree Offering.”
- We are believing God to provide $30,000 that will be used to impact people with the message of His love in the following ways:
- We will bless our missionaries! We will TRIPLE our monthly financial support for all of our missionaries for the month of December.
- We will invest in the Flandreau Indian School Chaplaincy program! We will invest in the awesome ministry of Bill & Kristen Britton as they continue to share the love of Jesus with Native-American teens from all across our nation on the campus of FIS.
- We will help orphans connect with their forever families! This portion of the Christmas Tree Offering will be given in two directions:
- We will support a family who is in the process of adopting a child from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in Africa.
- We will establish a fund to be shared in the future with other families that God leads to adopt.
- We will invest in our Jamaica Campus! Lord willing, we are very close to seeing the doors of our campus in Jamaica swing wide open! This offering will provide funds for Campus Pastor Richard Vernon to use as needed in our first Jamaica campus.
- We will launch a new campus in 2014! A portion of this year’s Christmas Tree Offering will be set aside for start-up funds for the next RESCUE Campus that will launch in 2014.
So how does the Christmas Tree Offering work? On December 15th we will place a bare Christmas tree on the stage at both of our campuses. We then will invite people to come up and decorate the tree with their gift. If you are unable to join us in person on that weekend we invite you to participate in the Christmas Tree Offering electronically by clicking HERE.
We believe God is going to use The RESCUE Church to bring thousands of people into His kingdom from all over the world. Your generous participation in the year’s Christmas Tree Offering will help make that vision a reality. Thank you in advance for letting God work through your generosity!